About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

My Boss at DXL

Today, my boss at DXL retired.  While I'm very happy for her, I'm also heartbroken.  Cathy is one of the best managers I've ever had the pleasure of working for and she will be missed.  Cathy always put her people first and would fight for us at her own expense.  She held us to high standards and herself to even a higher standard.  She lead by example and wasn't above getting dirty.  She had no problem helping a store get merchandise out or helping customers.  What made her special is that she would listen to you and even allow you to get angry.  She had great empathy for her people.  

Professionally Cathy gave me opportunities to grow and did everything in her power to help me reach the next level. She wanted me to be successful and did everything she could to help me succeed.  Personally I always felt that she truly cared about me and my family.  When my mom died she made the long trip to come see me on the day of her funeral.  Cathy is both a great boss and an even better friend.  I am a better manager and person for having worked for and with Cathy.

Cathy, I hope you know your team loves you and we are all grateful for having you as a boss and friend.