About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

A Banqueting House

In a small book called “How to Find Forgiveness” it says, “Christ is not only a remedy for your weariness and trouble, but He will give you an abundance of the contrary: joy and delight. They who come to Christ do not only come to a resting-place after they have been wandering in a wilderness, but they come to a banqueting-house where they may rest, and where they may feast. They may cease from their former troubles and toils, and they may enter upon a course of delights and spiritual joys.”

The world outside of the church is the wilderness were we find troubles. Church should be a special place where people come to find rest and peace. A banqueting-house where we share in the love of Christ and partake in the Lord’s feast. When we come to the church and to Christ it should bring us joy, delight and peace.

Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.”
John 14:27

If your heart is troubled today, go now to the Lord in prayer. Ask for His Holy Spirit to renew you. Seek His Son for salvation.

I encourage you to find a church home, a banqueting-house where you can feast on the Lord’s love. It will not be a perfect place, because the people inside are not perfect. But it is a place where sinners come together to meet the Lord, confess their sins, let go of their guilt, and find peace.

(Posted on 2/28/2009.)