About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Wisdom Given, Wisdom Gained

1.  Proverbs 2:6-8; For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.

God give Wisdom and victory to the godly but not to those drifting through life or acting irresponsibly with his gifts and resources.  If we are faithful to him and keep our purpose in life clearly in mind, he will keep us from pride and greed.  It is amazing how people will say, “How long will God let me suffer?”  They don’t see it is their own actions that cause the suffering.  Until they truly start living by God’s word they will not stop the suffering.

2.  Proverbs 2:9-11; Then you will understand what is right and just and fair—every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.  Discretion will protect you, and understanding will guard you.

We gain wisdom through a constant process of growing.  First, we must trust and honor God.  Second, we must realize that the Bible reveals God’s wisdom to us.  Third, we must make a life-long series of right choices and avoid moral pitfalls.  Fourth, when we make sinful choices or mistakes, we must learn from our errors and recover. 

Pradis; NIV, Life Application Study Bible; NLT