About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Top Gun: Maverick

This is why you go to the movies.  This isn't another CGI fake action movie.  These are real fighter jets and you truly feel you are there.  This is real intense action, with powerful drama, and only a sprinkle of comedy.   While the movie pays homage to the original Top Gun movie, this isn't just a nostalgia film.  This is its own movie.  Cruise is amazing and powerful.   The scene with Val Kilmer will make you tear up.  I did find the main mission a little similar to Star Wars and the taking down of the Death Star.  Honestly this is one of the best movies I've seen in the theater for a long time.  The acting is spot on, the story is engaging, and the visuals amazing.  I highly recommend seeing on a big screen.