About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Fill The Seat

The passing of Ruth Bader Ginsburg is sad.  The death of any person is sad.   But Trump must fill her empty seat on the Supreme Court for these reasons. 

1.  The Constitution gives power to the president to nominate a justice and the Senate is to advise and confirm.  There are no stipulations about not doing it during an election year or the dying wishes of a former Justice.   

2.  We are heading into an election where the Democrats have already said they will challenge the results.  We can't have a Supreme Court that could end in a 4-4 decision on matters dealing with the election of the president. 

3.  People will say when Obama was president the Republicans wouldn't confirm a new Justice because it was an election year.  The difference then to now is that we had split party power with the Senate under Republican control and the White House under Democrat control.  Now both the Senate and White House are controlled by the same Republican party.  There has been 29 times a Supreme Court seat has come open during an election year.  19 times the Senate and President were of the same party and 17 of those times the seat was filled.   10 times the Senate and President were different parties and only 2 times did the seat get filled.

4.  Also Obama was not up for reelection and Trump is up for reelection.  Meaning Trump could be reelected while Obama could not.

5.  Democrats are threatening that if Trump and the Senate fill the seat, they will stack the Court if they get power by increasing the Supreme Court to 13 if justices.   They will also give statehood to DC and Puerto Rico to increase Democrats control by 4 Senate seats.  So Trump must fill the seat, because you can't negotiate with political terrorists.  And that is what this is and it is dangerous. 

6.  In 2016, the Democrats including RBG said that the Senate must fill the open seat.  Now they are calling Republicans hypocrites for filling the seat, but the Democrats are hypocrites for now switching their position from 2016.  So we should listen to the 2016 Democrats. 

7.  Finally elections have consequences.   We are fighting for the soul and future of our nation.  What does "fair " have to do with anything?  I want a Supreme Court with conservative judges.  I voted for Trump and GOP to do just that. They need to protect the constitution from leftist.