About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Rocky Movies

I love the Rocky movies.  They are my favorite movies of all time and I've seen them countless times.  The following is my breakdown of the themes of each Rocky movies.

Rocky

Rocky is in essence a love story.  It is about two people who find each other and learn to say "I love you."  The movie is also about determination and the will to not give up.

Quote:  "Things get pretty tough in the ring."  Rocky

Rocky II

This movie is about a man and his responsibility to his family.  It is about not giving up and doing the impossible.  It is also about the struggles of a husband and wife and how when a couple is united they can do anything.

Quote:  "There something I want you to do for me.  Come here.  Win.  Win."  Adrian
Quote:  "Yo Adrian, I did it."  Rocky

Rocky III

This is about overcoming fear when you doubt yourself.  When you question who you are how do you respond. 

Quote:  "There's nothing wrong with being afraid."  Adrian

Rocky IV

This is the most patriotic movie.  Really it is about good verses evil.  America verse the USSR.  It is about knowing your role as an American.  At the same time it is about how governments might be bad, but people can be good and we can all change.

Quote:  "If I can change, then you can change.  Everybody can change."  Rocky

Rocky V

Here we learn that if we continue to live in the past instead of living for today we might be headed for the grave.

Quote:  "I think people die sometimes when they don't want to live no more.  And nature is smarter than people think."  Micky

Rocky Balboa

The final Rocky teaches us that we are never done.  We can always do a little more.  And life might be hard, but success comes from moving forward, even when things are hard.

Quote:  "It ain't about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.  It's about how much you can take and keep moving forward."  Rocky

I recommend that every person see all the Rocky movies, but if you were only going to see one or two I would recommend Rocky and Rocky Balboa.  But if you see either of those you will want to see the rest.