About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Government Shutdown 2018 Edition

If we have a government shutdown it will be the Democrats fault.  They will be the ones who won't fund the military, pay for child healthcare, or other government programs, so that they can fight for non-citizens over DACA.  DACA is an immigration issue, not a budget issue.   Immigration should be debated and voted on in a separate bill, not as part of a government funding bill. 

And during the Obama years leading Democracts decried government shutdowns.   But now that Trump is president they are threatening a shutdown.  Here are some quotes from those Democrats.

Nancy Pelosi said a government shutdown would "punish the American people by denying them vital services."

Chuck Schumer criticized government shutdowns saying, "I believe in immigration reform. What if I persuaded my caucus to say, I'm going to shut the government down, I am going to not pay our bills unless I get my way? It's a politics of idiocy, of confrontation, of paralysis."

Steny Hoyer described government shutdowns as "costly" and as "holding government hostage" from working on behalf of the American people.

Elizabeth Warren called threatening a shutdown a "last resort for those who can't otherwise win their fights through elections, can't win their fights in Congress, can't win their fights for the presidency, and can't win their fights in courts."

Dick Durbin voiced concerns that a government shutdown would devastate 46.5 million SNAP recipients, including two million people in Illinois.

Bernie Sanders compared a shutdown to "holding the American people hostage."

Cory Booker derided those that play "shutdown politics."

Claire McCaskill called a government shutdown "completely unacceptable" and said a government shutdown would lead to delayed benefits for veterans, furloughs for 39,000 federal employees in Missouri, and delays in vital loans for small businesses and social security checks for seniors.

Joe Manchin stated a shutdown hurts the American people and the economy, and added that "there's no need to have a shutdown of the government."

Tammy Baldwin said threatening a government shutdown is "immensely disrespectful" to public servants and that "federal workers, veterans, and their families should not have to pay a price for partisan political games."

Bill Nelson stated "every member of congress has a responsibility to put aside partisan political differences in favor of finding common-sense solutions" to avoid a government shutdown.

Joe Donnelly called a government shutdown "embarrassing" and playing games with the economy.

Sherrod Brown stated that "another shutdown would hurt all Americans, but would be particularly hard on those that need the help the most: children, older Americans, and those with disabilities."

Jon Tester said about government shutdowns, "you don't, as a minority, take your one issue and stop everything by shutting down the government."

Bob Casey previously said a government shutdown risks "our nation's economy with a game of reckless brinksmanship" that would have "serious consequences for markets, jobs, seniors and middle class Pennsylvanians."

All quotes found at https://gop.com/democrats-hypocrisy-over-a-government-shutdown-rsr/