About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

How Liberals and Conservatives Protest

This issue with taking a knee during the National Anthem isn't about taking a knee in general, it's about doing it against the flag and the anthem.   And thanks to the 1st amendment people have a right to do it legally.  But is it morally right and does it accomplish the goals of the protest?  I'm with you taking a knee to end racism, injustice, and inequality.  Let's take two knees and pray together.  But i can't support taking a knee during the National Anthem.  

When the TEA Party protests were going on during the first Obamacare debates, Conservatives didn't see the need to protest the flag.  That is the difference between conservatives and liberals.  When liberals don't like the actions of the government or politicians they burn or protest the flag and nation as a whole.   When Conservatives don't like the actions of the government or politicians they protest the government and those politicians, while waving the flag and showing love for their nation. 

And look at the results.  The TEA Party movement won control of the House and Senate.  And that same movement helped get Donald Trump elected.  You can dislike the actions of your government and politicians be it federal, state, or local and still love, honor, and respect your flag, anthem, and country.