About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Retail Selling Step 1: Opening

1. Smile:

Always begin any sale with a smile. When you smile at someone they will tend to smile back. It will also release positive energy.

2. Greeting:

Welcome your customer to your business, introduce yourself, and ask them how you can help them. 

Example:
"Hello, Welcome to My Retail Store.  I'm Chuck.  What brings you in todat?"

This is a direct approach, so that when you have customers that know what they need you can help them quickly. If the customer responds by telling you why they are there, then you can move on to the next step in the sale.

3. Take-Away

Many customers first response might be “I’m just looking."  With any response a customer gives you, you must be ready for the Take-Away. A Take-Away is your response to help move the sale along. Many times customer say, "I'm just looking," out of habit. So you need to give them a chance to say it, but be ready to take it away. 

Example:
Customer: “I just looking.”
Salesperson: “Great! What are you looking for?”

The customer will likely response by telling you what they needs or the customer will repeat they are just looking or a similar response. When the first happens you can move to the next step. When the second happens allow then to look, but let them know you will check back. 

Example:
Customer: "I'm just looking."
Salesperson: Great. Take your time and look around. I will check back later to see if you need anything."

Give the customer time to look and check in ever so often to see if you can help. Look for clues they may want help, like looking around for someone, being focused on one item, looking like they are searching for something. Re-engage with the customer until you can move to the next step.