About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Retail Coaching 4: Positive Feedback

As a coach and manager you want to encourage your associates when you see them doing a good job.  This will reinforce good behaviors for success.  There are 5 parts to a positive feedback.

1.  Observation:  As a coach and manger your goal is to help your associates achieve their goals.  Observe your associates in action and look for opportunities to praise them for a job well done.

2.  Praise:  As you observe an associate try to catch them doing the right behaviors and praise them for their success.  When they make a good sale, when they handle a customer issue, or when they complete a task correctly and on time.  Praise them for doing a good job.

3.  Be Specific:  When praising an associate be specific about what they did right.  Tell then what results you are proud to see them accomplish. Tell them what were the behaviors that you liked.  

4.  Do It Immediately:  Let them know as soon as you can.  Why wait to tell someone they did a good job?

5.  Reward:  Reward your associate with a hand shake, high five, fist bump, or a pat on the back.  It might sound silly, but a touch of encouragement can be really impactful.