About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

The Needle's Eye

Matthew 19:24, “Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”

While reading my Archaeological Study Bible I ran across the Legend of the Needle’s Eye. I’m sure like me when you’ve heard this verse you’ve assumed that when Jesus was talking about the eye of a needle, He was referring to the actual opening or eye to a needle. And you would be correct in thinking of this interpretation, but there is another interpretation that I would like to share with you today.

During Jesus’ time some homes had large doors or gates that would allow a fully loaded camel to enter. Because these doors where so big and heavy there was a smaller door cut into the door so people could pass through easily. This door was call the Needle’s Eye Gate. For a camel to pass through this smaller door it would have to get on its knees to enter the home. And so for a rich man to enter heaven he too must get on his knees.

If we were all honest with ourselves we would have to agree that compared to past generations and other nations we are very rich. My guess is that most of you own your own home, have at least 1 car, own 2 or more TV’s, and 99% of you likely have a cell phone. We are all very blessed and have many riches. And so like the rich man, it is impossible for us to get into heaven unless we first get on our knees.

Matthew 10:25-26, “When the disciple heard this, they were greatly astonished and asked, ‘Who then can be saved?’ Jesus looked at them and said, ‘With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’”

Because of Christ’s sacrifice on the cross all things are possible. And that is what should bring us to our knees.