About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Why I Got Married

On August 4, 1995, Jenny and I were married.  We have had many ups and downs, but those ups and downs have made our marriage strong. While I’ve not been able to give Jenny everything she has wanted she has given me more than I could’ve expected. I know God sent me Jenny, because no one could love me more than she does. And she more than loves me; she respects and honors me. She makes me feel like I can do anything. She builds me up when I’m down. She never tears me down or belittles me. My goals are her goals and her goals are my goals.

I still remember why I asked Jenny to marry me. I was telling my Grandpa Baker about this girl I loved and how we were going to get married as soon as we both graduated from college. Well my Grandpa had a different opinion on this matter. He told me if this girl was the person that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with, then I shouldn’t wait. My dad about had a heart attack right there. I always respected my Grandpa and his opinion had a lot of influence on me. Over the next month his words rang in my head. Then one day I took Jenny to my room, got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. That was on a Monday. Over the next few days I worked on getting us an apartment. On Thursday we told our parents that we were getting married. My mom actually knew on Monday and she gave me her engagement ring. Friday afternoon at the Bartholomew County courthouse with my parents, Jenny’s parents, her sister, and some of my closest friends, Jenny and I were married. People were shocked that I would do something so unexpected. While things were hard the first few years everyday was wonderful.

Now kids don’t get any crazy ideas. I’m not suggesting that it is a good idea for two 19 year olds to get married. It was very hard for us and the odds were against us. Most people would not make it, but I will never regret getting married. I had all types of plans for my life, but my plans changed when Jenny came into my life. So today I want to say to the most wonderful wife in the world, “I love you.”