About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Like or Love

1 John 2:9-11; If anyone says, “I am living in the light,” but hate a Christian brother or sister, that person is still living in darkness. Anyone who loves other Christians is living in the light and does no cause anyone to stumble. Anyone who hates a Christian brother or sister is living and walking in darkness. Such a person is lost, having been blinded by the darkness. (NLT)

So if you don’t like another Christian brother or sister then you are going to hell. Not exactly. Not liking someone is much different than hating them. There will always be people whose personality you get along with and those you don’t. The difference is if you make that person your enemy. If you wish harm or ill to come to them. If when that person was in desperate need you would turn you back on them. The story of the Good Samaritan is a great example. Even if you don’t like someone it is still your duty as a Christian to show them respect and treat them with Godly love. Christian love is a choice and not just a feeling.

Matthew 5:43-44; You have heard that the law of Moses says, “Love you neighbor” and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! (NLT)

Reference: Life Application Study Bible