About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Letter to Prime Minister Gordon Brown

When President Obama first took office he was visted by the Prime Minister of Great Britain.  When Prime Minister Gordan Brown came for his first visit with President Obama he brought with him the following gifts: a pen holder crafted from the timbers of the 19th century British anti-slave warship HMS President (whose sister ship, HMS Resolute, provided the wood for the Oval Office's desk), the framed commission for the HMS Resolute, a vessel that came to symbolize Anglo-US peace when it was saved from ice packs by Americans and given to Queen Victoria, the first edition set of the seven-volume classic biography of Churchill by Sir Martin Gilbert, and two dresses for Sasha and Malia from the UK's trendy Top Shop (with matching necklaces) and a selection of books by British authors.

In return President Obama gave Gordon Brown 25 classic American DVD movies (that can be bought for $3.99 each on Amazon) and toy models of Marine One for his sons (that can be purchased at any gift shop). President Obama also returned a bust of Winston Churchill that had been given to America after 9/11 to show support. Finally the president also refused to give the Prime Minister a formal steak dinner and podium-to-podium new conference, which is usual for events like this with our greatest and most trusted friend.

This is just a shame that we would treat our friends like this. Great Britain has supported us over the years and has been the biggest military supporter during the war on terror. They have lost many soldiers in their support of us in the war on terror.

This was the letter Jenny and I sent to the British Embassy to the Prime Minister on behave of the American people.

Dear Prime Minister Gordon Brown,

As citizens of the United States of America my wife and I want to give you our sincere apology for the way our new president treated you and your country on your last visit. Most American’s are like us and understand how important the relationship is between our two nations.

We thank you for all your nation has done in the fight against terror. We thank you for your support over the years and know that we will continue to be great friends for many years to come. Also we want to thank you for your kind gifts to our nation. While our president can’t or won’t see the graciousness of your gifts, we the citizens of America appreciate your kindness.

As we pray for our leaders, we also pray for you and your leaders. In this time of economic troubles and threats of terror we know that we must rely on God and His mighty grace.

Again thank you for support, friendship, and kindness. We the people of the Untied States of America appreciate you.

With Honor,

Chuck and Jenny Baker