About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Review of the book: Quitter

This is a book review for “Quitter: Closing the Gap Between Your Day Job & Your Dream Job.” by national bestseller and creator of the blog Stuff Christians Like, Jonathan Acuff.  I was honored to be one of just a few people to get a chance to read an advance copy of the book before it was actually published.

Quitter is the story of how Jonathan Acuff was able to turn his dream job into his day job. Jonathan was working for Auto Trader as a tech writer, but what he wanted to be was a book author. Jonathan talks about some on the struggles of realizing his dream job without destroying his life. The book encourages people to find ways to reach their goals and look for unique ways to do what they love. The two ideas that I found the most helpful were “Removing the ‘I’m’ from Your ‘But’” and “Falling in Like with a Job You don’t Love.”

Jonathan found that when he was talking to people about what they did for a living or for life they would say, “I’m a ____, but I want to be ______. I know for me that I’ve said at times that I’m only doing this job, until I can get a real job. And in some of my jobs I’ve thought were dream jobs, turned out to be nightmares. This book has helped me look at my career, my profession, and my dreams in new ways. And the chapter on falling in like with your job has encouraged me to see my job and career as a tool to my dreams.

I think this book is great for those who just feel they are spinning their wheels in their job. It can be an encouragement to spouses who want to support their loved ones with their dreams. And it is a fun read about how someone worked hard to reach their dreams. I encourage you to give it a read.