About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Marriage License

The Supreme Court is not who Christians should blame for gay marriage.   Christians should blame themselves.  The fact is Christians and churches got in bed with the government in allowing the government to ever license marriage, a religious institution.  Churches made the mistake long ago of asking for special tax benefits because they were a religion.   That opens up the government being able to have a say in if a church is or is not an aporoved religion.

Marriage licenses are not some long tradition in America. They only came about in the early 1900's as a way to keep whites from marrying blacks.  Neither George Washington or Abraham Lincoln had a marriage license.  Marriage licenses are something designed by the government to control the private lives of the citizens.

Churches and pastors shouldn't have ever agreed to sign legal contracts for the government.  We shouldn't have tax laws,  social security, or other government benefits based on marriage. 

Churches should only have religious ceremonies and refuse to sign all marriage licenses.  If someone wants a marriage license they need to have it signed at the courthouse.

We hear liberals talk about the separation of church and state, so why would we allow pastors to sign a legal government document?  Pastors need to stop signing marriage licenses.  We need a new tax code that doesn't recognize marriage.  Social security shouldn't be connected to marriage.  Government needs to get out of the marriage business.

I know some people are worried that churches and pastors will be forced to preform gay weddings.  Well if you want the government to stay out of the church, then it is time to stop asking for special tax benefits and stop signing marriage licenses as some type of government authority.   It's time for the church to separate from the government.

If homosexuals need the government to recognize their relationships so be it.  But if the government took away my marriage license tomorrow it wouldn't change my relationship with my wife.  We made a commentment to each other and God, not the government.  What the government thinks about marriage doesn't change what God says about marriage.  It is time to end the government involvement in religious marriage ceremonies.   Religious marriage ceremonies should be separate from a government approved marriage licenses.