About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

True and False Gospels


False Gospel Beliefs

Galatians 2:21; I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

False Gospels teach that Christ’s death is meaningless.  How can believers today be in danger of acting as fi Christ’s death meant nothing?  When we put God’s grace that come from Christ’s death on the cross behind rules and laws we can fall into the trap of legalism.  While it is important to know what is right and wrong and be in obiedance with God’s commands we cannot forget that it is by Christ’s sacrifice that we are saved and not by our works.

Galatians 3:11-12; Clearly no one is justified before God by the law, because, “The righteous will live by faith.” The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, “The man who does these things will live by them.”

False Gospels teach that people must obey the law to be saved. How do Christians make the mistake of believing good works can make them right with God?  When we say things like, “I’ll never do that again,” or think “If I do this God will love more,” we fool ourselves into believing that our works make us right with God.  God is not keeping a tally of rights and wrongs.  We are only right with God when we accept the gift of His Son.

Galatians 4:10; You are observing special days and months and seasons and years!

False Gospels teach that we must follow certain traditions to find favor with God. What traditions do Christians follow believing they are “biblical?”  When we says things are unbibical like having a piano or worship band, not wearing a suit to church, or believing a building should never be changed is following traditions and not God’s word.

True Gospel Beliefs

Galatians 2:20; I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Life is obtained through Christ’s death.  What does it mean to you to be crucified with Christ?  When we are spiritually crucified with Christ, then legally in God’s eyes we are no longer condemned by sin, but free.  We become one with Christ and that makes us right with God.

Galatians 3:21-23; Is the law, therefore, opposed to the promises of God? Absolutely not! For if a law had been given that could impart life, then righteousness would certainly have come by the law. But the Scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ, might be given to those who believe. Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed.

We are not saved by keeping the law, but by faith in Christ.  If we are prisoners of sin, how does faith in Christ free us from sin?  Our faith in Christ is the belief that we cannot every do enough to be right with God, but what Christ did on the cross was enough to make us right with God.

Galatians 3:26-28; You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ n  have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

All believers are one in Christ.  What comfort do you have knowing that we are now God’s children?  Being children of God means that we are all the same.  We are all one big family.  We are not separted by sin, but one in Christ.

Galatians 5:24-25; Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature  with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.

We are guided by the Holy Spirit.  How does the Holy Spirit guide our lives?  When we let the Holy Spirit lead every part of our lives it can mean that things will be easier and less stressful, but it can also mean it will be harder and more stressful.  Letting the Holy Spirit lead our lives means that we have true purpose in our lives, God’s purpose.

We all have a responsibility to study and know our Bibles.  If we don't study we are likly not to know what is true and what is false.