About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

The Platinum Rule 2.0

My brother responded to my post about the "Platinum Rule." I wanted to share what he told me. I felt it was insightful and inspired.

"Chances are the individual that came up with the platinum rule was just trying to put a new spin on an old principal and make it his own. Just using the word platinum makes it sound better. A turd made of platinum is still a turd.

Here is something to think about:

1.) Gold is very diverse and with the help of certain alloys it can become many different colors. Platinum can't.

2.) Gold can be forgiven of its flaws by buffing out the imperfections and immersing into the ultrasonic. Platinum is harder to flaw, but when it does the flaws are usually much deeper and harder to remove.

3.) Gold is easily made to shine. Platinum actually needs the help of rhodium to over come its natural dull appearance, so I guess you could say its a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Not too smart, but a fun way to think about it?"