About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Government Stimulus Failure

I see where people are mad at this company or that company for getting Stimulus money.   But fact is the government set up the rules on who can and can't get money.  The government is the one to be mad at, not a business trying to stay afloat.   And it doesn't matter how big a company is, because even big companies go under or can't pay employees.   

The government has spent almost $2.5 trillion for Stimulus and still can't get it right.  State unemployment offices aren't able to process claims fast enough.  Small businesses aren't get loans they need.   

The government could have taken $1.5 trillion and divided equally among the 30 million small businesses to give them all $50,000 each. 

The government could have taken $1 trillion and given to every American over the age of 18, making less than $1 million a year and that would have been $4000 for each person. But no we get $1200 and businesses scrambled to survive.

Not every business needs $50,000 and some might need more.  But if the government had given more to people directly, then we wouldn't need paycheck protection.  Businesses could just get what they need to pay expenses like rent and keep benefits for employees like health insurance.  

But government had to play politics with money it doesn't even have to make things more difficult and confusing.