About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Bump Stock Ban

So right after the Las Vegas shooting there were a lot of gun control advocates calling for more gun laws without knowing the facts or even allowing for a time of mouning.  I know these gun advocates feel that when there is a tragedy like this they must act fast or nothing will get done.  But I actually think this is a bad strategy.  By coming right out with calling for more gun control without knowing any facts just make those that support the 2nd amendment more likely to stand against it.  Instead we all need to learn the facts and then debate the issue.

Based on what I've learned more gun control laws would likely have done nothing to stop this man from his killing spree.  He was going to kill people.  He would have used guns, a bomb, or a truck.  His weapon of choice wouldn't have stopped him in killing.  But the debate on bump stocks is a worthy discussion.

Based on my research and listening to others who are experts in guns the bump stock is used to turn a semi-auto gun into a full automatic gun.  But the bump stock isn't very popular with many gun owners as it doesn't work well and can damage the gun.  Since the 1980's we have outlawed the ownership and sales of full automatic guns.   I think based on this alone if you can buy something that will makes a gun full automatic, then it should be banned under the current law.  During the Obama administration they could have banned the bump stocks, but didn't because they felt it wasn't covered by the current law.  In my opinion either the Trump administration should ban the sale and resale of bump stocks or Congress should pass a law banning the bump stocks. 

I don't agree with confiscating bump stocks, but only banning the manufacturing of new bump stocks, selling of bump stocks, and reselling of bump stocks.