About Me

My photo
Chuck Baker is Right! Well, I am. What I mean is that my friends always joke that I’m always right (or at least I think I am). The thing is I don’t say anything, unless I know I’m right. So it's not that I’m right about everything, but usually when I speak I know what I’m talking about. My dad always said, “Don’t speak unless you know your right.” This blog includes many subjects like religion, politics, business, movies, sports, and more. On the left you will see options to search this blog, see popular posts, a catalog of posts, and favorite links. Please check out my YouTube channel by clicking on the link under favorite links.

Slumdog Millionaire

Americans should watch Slumdog if they want to see true poverty. In America we talk about someone being poor, but true poverty is what you see in the movie. The story is very strong and the acting is very good. I was surprised by the level of the acting. The direction and visuals are a little choppy and confused at times. Overall the movie is very good and different than what you will see coming out of Hollywood. One thing that stood out was the idea that there is no consequences, but instead everything in life has a purpose even if you don’t understand or see it at the moment. While I don’t know if it was the best movie of the year, I have no problem with it winning an Oscar for Best Picture.

There is a lot of violence and disturbing images. While not a movie for children, teenagers and adults would do well to see this movie to get a better understanding of the world outside of America.

I give this movie a B+.